Scientific directions of the Department:
1. Physical and hygienic assessment of the impact of video terminals on population’s health.
2. Human habitat, modern risk factors and their impact on the population of the Republic of Moldova.
3. Study of the impact of ionised and non-ionised radiations on the human body.
4. Physiological and hygienic aspects of consumption of the necessary physiological quantities of drinking water by the population, the risks and benefits to health, their risks and benefits on health.
6. Nutrition - physiological, hygienic and safety aspects. Hygienic aspects of dietary supplements.
7. The hygienic estimation of the health status of public transport workers.
Defended theses of Doctor of Medical Sciences and PhD:
1. Gheorghe Ostrofeț - Complex assessment of the working conditions of the video terminal operators and elaboration of the physiological-hygienic principles of the work and rest regime - 2000.
2. Aliona Tihon - Physiological-hygienic estimation of computer work conditions for teleworking employees at different stages of the work cycle - 2008.
3. Ion Bahnarel - Estimation of risk associated with irradiation of the population of the Republic of Moldova and possibilities for reducing the impact on health - 2010.
4. Cătălina Croitoru - The physiological-hygienic assessment of the students' training in IT lessons - 2012.
5. Elena Ciobanu - The hygienic estimation of the impact of some environmental factors on the morbidity of the rural population through osteoarthrosis - 2012.
Doctor of Medical Sciences and PhD theses in working process:
1. Natalia Bivol - The Impact of Fluorine deficit and surplus in drinking water on the health of the Republic of Moldova population and recommendations for diminishing the associated risk.
2. Ovidiu Tafuni - The habitual risk factors and their impact on the morbidity of population of the Republic of Moldova.
3. Radu Rusu – The impact of dietary supplements consumption on the population’s health of the Republic of Moldova.